9.10.2010

Yummy Oven Fried Chicken

I grew up south of the Mason-Dixon line so I was pretty used to breaded chicken fried in Crisco.  I found this recipe because my husband wanted something that wasn't fried in Crisco - go figure! This is the only way I fry chicken now.

Ingredients
Cut up chicken (I use and 8 pack of thighs but this will work with anything)
1 - 1 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
Salt & pepper (to taste - use as much as you think you will like)
Paprika (about a tsp)
2 Tbsp butter (not margarine - use the real stuff!)

Preheat oven to 425

Mix flour, salt & pepper, paprika and baking powder in a plate, pie pan, whatever you have. Wash and pat dry the chicken pieces.  Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture (mash it down in there so it's good and covered.)

Put the butter in a 13x9 glass baking dish and in the oven till it melts and is bubbly but not burnt.  Take out of the oven and put the chicken pieces, skin side down in the baking dish.  Back in the oven for 35 minutes. Turn and cook for 15 more minutes.

When done, drain on paper towels - enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment